Monday, November 30, 2009

Expand Your Reach

I hope you all had a lovely holiday (those of you celebrating Thanksgiving in November). I was so distracted with side dishes and a full belly, I missed the release of my latest article for Yoga Journal's My Yoga Mentor: "Expand Your Reach." It's about teaching yoga online, which is a really interesting proposition--no adjustments or close contact, but a ton of other ways to teach at your fingertips. In addition to some interviews with online teachers, I included several tools you can use to help set up your own site. I'm really interested to see how all of this develops, because there are a lot of exciting distance-learning examples out there in other disciplines. How will yogis take advantage of the Internet?

If you already have something going on, or need encouragement to start your own podcast, Jamie Kent of Yoga Downloads, noted that her site allows teachers to link their own classes, if they are up to snuff (so to speak). The link gives more information...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this idea. My mom and I skype on the weekends, and I keep telling her I can give her private yoga lessons through skype!!

Claudia said...

Brenda, thank you for this, what a great idea, I guess yoga can be taught in many different ways, whatever works

Kitty said...

Thanks for that and all the really helpful comments people will contribute. Jamie - I never thought to Skype someone a class! Brilliant!