Monday, June 11, 2007

Aloha…Finally

Well, apparently WiFi isn’t as ubiquitous on the islands as I thought. Then, upon return to the mainland, our modem died, so I have been offline for almost 3 weeks. Forever! However, it was a lovely trip with lots of beaching, gentle hikes (to accommodate the 3 yr-old and pregnant lady), haupia--coconut pudding--ice cream, mangos, flowering jacaranda trees, geckos, birdsong, eucalyptus and sunrises across the West Maui mountains (courtesy of said 3 yr-old’s wake up time of 5:30am, ug).

A couple of milestones were reached while I was away: this blog had its first anniversary (May 22) and I entered my third trimester. I’m thrilled by the first, because I wasn’t sure I had the discipline to keep up with weekly entries; I’m also excited by the contact I’ve had with fellow bloggers stretching from Milwaukee to South Africa! The second is a welcome achievement, but I had forgotten how lumpy and awkward this phase of pregnancy is. My yoga practice is starting to change significantly and I have to concentrate on not grunting when I get up off the floor (especially as I start teaching again this week).


In the past year, I’ve tried to keep my postings of general interest. However, in light of this year’s development, I thought I’d focus a bit more on yoga and pregnancy for the rest of the summer. With the last kid, I noticed that the modifications I needed to apply were actually useful for anyone with mobility issues and could even bring awareness to yogis without any limitations, just by changing the pose slightly. So, I hope you all find this information and change of perspective interesting…it’s good to be back on the blog!

2 comments:

Madame Purl said...

Hey welcome back and congratulations. I've missed you're postings.

Brenda P. said...

Hello Rose!
I missed you this spring and often wondered how the full-time job was treating you. Dan stopped coming too. I hope it's because he is back home with his family...

Drop in, if you get a chance!

Brenda