Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Online Yogis

This past month, an extra-curricular activity of mine has been writing an article for Yoga Journal's online newsletter for teachers. It is called "Online Yogis: Expanding Your Teaching into Cyberspace" and it was published today. Here is the link (you will have to register to read it, but it is free and you can always unsubscribe when you are done).

I did a number of interesting interviews, and there is a lot to think about regarding the effect of the Internet on yoga. This is pretty much a how-to piece for setting up blogs and websites and there are some nice links to the sites of my interviewees. Give it a look.

Enjoy the holiday and try to stretch a bit in between courses. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle Pose) and Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero Pose) both aid digestion by stretching out the tummy. Just make sure you rest on a nice pile of pillows or blankets so you can really relax. And digest.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I readed your article in Y journal
You`re blog is great
Namaste

kaioks

Anonymous said...

I saw that you studied with Oya Horiguchi. She was my first yoga teacher and still one of my favorites!

Great article. How did you get over the hump of doing that first class? I've been studying yoga since 1994 and want to teach but get very nervous about it so keep procrastinating.

Anonymous said...

Great article!
I enjoyed reading the ideas from someone in the know.

Your blog is great and helps me keep up my practice. Clever titles. I appreciate the additional postings of late.

Thank you,
Erika

Madame Purl said...

Great Article!!! Congrats!

Brenda P. said...

Thanks all.

Prebson--I am thinking about your "procrasting" comment, and might make it a subject for another posting. Keep an eye out!