Friday, July 01, 2011

Yogito Ergo Sum...

I like this. I like this very much.

As I emerge from my post-semester malaise (after a false start in May), having lost all my mo to math and science classes, I would like to give a giant shout out to my ever thinking, ever provocative Yogging (new moniker?) Catalysts: Carole, Roseanne, and Bob W.
Carole, of course, laid it out here and Roseanne blew back into the blogosphere here, and this all made me feel like I ought to step up and get back on the feed. It seems like a new energy is building and I'm really looking forward to their panel on yoga blogging in August at the Yoga Festival Toronto (transcripts? video feed? a crumb for your fans?).

During my state of blog-ennui, I missed the five-year anniversary of GTTSB. Dang, half a decade of this. And, truly, I can't imagine where my practice or teaching would be without it.
My writing is totally part of my routine (until last month) and all the svadhyaya it engenders completely informs the rest of my yoga.

This public--if you will--svadhyaya is what keeps me tuned into the online community: I'm not as interested in the discussion of yoga itself, as much as I am fascinated by how each individual writer processes the lessons of yoga through his/her own experience. Maybe it's the art historian in me, but I want to read how a creative person's back story informs the present story. What do you bring to the practice that is different from everyone else? How do you express that difference? Yoga through the political science/burlesque/prison workshop/curvy/ex-teacher/new teacher/tail-wagging lens.

And I can't emphasize enough how much I love good writing. And humor.

So, as Roseanne sez, here we are on the cutting edge. Awesome. Writing about a yoga of service and engaged living. Thrilling.

I can't wait to see what the summer holds....


6 comments:

Jan Holt said...

Welcome back! I'm so happy to also be coming back to yoga blogging after a MUCH longer hiatus. Please don't ever stop... your writing and musings give me great joy.

Namaste,

Jan

roseanne said...

yay! so glad you've resurrected your blog, too! and what an honour to be serving on the cutting edge with you. here's to a summer of yoga adventures!

btw, you should come to toronto for the festival! you're somewhere in the midwest, right? not too far...? the whole weekend will be worth it! come come!

Linda-Sama said...

hmmmmm....guess I was cutting edge in 2005 before yoga blogging became cutting edge...always ahead of the pack.

I wondered where you went, lady....

Unknown said...

I'd like to see a special yogging summit with the "early adopters" - people like you, Linda, YogaDawg - giving us the long-range perspective! Weird when you realize that five years is almost going back to the beginning of yogging history, no? Or was there a pre-history? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Brenda P. said...

Thanks, gals. Powerful voices of the "yogosphere" all. Carole, I'm mulling your question, because I think it's a good one and a nice intellectual exercise, as well. How has the landscape changed? How have I changed within it? How has my yoga changed because of the writing?

Stay tuned...(L-S, maybe you can cast your mind across this, too, you adopted even earlier than I did!)

Kristin said...

Glad to see you back Brenda. Your posts are always so insightful.

Totally agree! "I am fascinated by how each individual writer processes the lessons of yoga through his/her own experience."

It is really cool to be able to read and connect with people from all over the world.

Looking forward to future posts!